Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Around Tokyo Mid Feb

I'm playing catch up on the blog posts so I will group the next few together and make them shorter so I can catch up, the full set of photos for this post can be found here.

Miho and I did a number of things around Tokyo in Mid February, we watched the Tokyo Marathon which was a lot of fun. One of my favorite days in New York has always been marathon day and it was interesting to see a marathon in Japan. It also brought up an interesting possibility. For several years I have been thinking about running the New York City marathon for my 30th birthday, the only problem is that my birthday is in February and the marathon is in November, now that I've discovered that the Tokyo marathon is less than a week after my birthday I may switch my goal to the Tokyo marathon (check back in three years to see if it happens);

We also went and checked out the newly opened (re-opened in a new location) train museum, I've always been a big fan of trains so I had a lot of fun, it's a great museum:

I've always enjoyed photography and one of the things I love is night time photography so I spent some time taking photos in Shibuya:

Also here's a video of the crowds in the famous Shibuya Crossing, which is one of my favorite places in Tokyo:



I spent some time exploring the Tokyo International Forum, a really cool place and then did some more train watching because the forum is right next to Tokyo Station

Tokyo International Forum:

Tokyo Station from Above:

A Shinkansen:

No comments: